My life in Ipswich - incorporating One Step at a Time, my account of how I am slowly changing my life

Sunday 13 June 2010


Only 6 weeks til the summer holidays then its 5 and a half weeks to recharge my batteries, get the house, my office and my classroom back into some sort of order ready for the new school year. I hate disorder and yet seem to spend so much of each year in that state.

Anyway for the time being I just need to try and keep on top of things the best I can. Have bought three of the large beech bookcases from Argos this morning and, now I just need to clear the spare room a bit so there is room to put them against one wall. That will then, give me a lot of space to put all my books etc. Kitchen also needs a good sort out and the washing and ironing doing. No peace for the wicked, as they say.

Sorry if I haven't commented on your blog recently - I will try and do better next week. Also there are several people I need to contact - again a job for next week....

5 comments:

  1. We're counting down to the summer hols here too.

    I remember from when I worked in a school, these last few weeks are wished away and pass in a whirl of end-of-term stuff and reports.

    Roll on July 23rd :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in HE and I break up this week. Yay! I cannot wait. No troublesome and rude students to deal with. Those weeks will fly by, Viv. Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our children finish school much earlier so I'm not looking forward to the holidays yet. So much to fit in before they're off and they've only just gone back!!

    Congrats on your news, how exciting to have a grandchild on the way and I read about poor Charlie. Such a shocking thing to happen, but I'm so pleased he's making a good recovery.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em - I shouldn't count down to the holidays as it wishes time away, but I am certainly looking forward to the end of term when the school breaks up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture on this post - takes me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete