My life in Ipswich - incorporating One Step at a Time, my account of how I am slowly changing my life

Friday 22 March 2013


 Hi all......again I return to my blog.
 A cup of freshly made cappuccino to help the creative juices to flow sits on my desk ready to be sipped and I browse through some really inspirational blogs....surely I can do that too, I think. The most inspirational belongs to Lynne at Textile Treasury. If you get a chance do visit her blog.  So here goes; yet another attempt at getting my blog to flow.
I'll start by showing some places in my home:


My favourite seat in the house. It's by the front window so if I wish to be the nosey neighbour behind the net curtains, I can be. Lots of books are nearby to read and browse . A reading light so I don't strain my elderly eyes is positioned by my side and the obligatory small table at hand to put coffee cups, books, pens, notepads, wool , crochet hooks [the list is endless].





The conservatory, a room that has been largely ignored during the winter, except for my weekly teaching session. How I long for the sun when this is an amazing room to be in. With the sun shining the temperature soon rises and it becomes a really relaxing and pleasant place to be. However the winter months have taken their toll and the room needs a good sort out and declutter - a job maybe for this weekend.




 My desk, where my laptop lives most of the time. I try hard to keep this area tidy but am not always successful. This weekend I have a few more pictures I want to put up or should I admit, get Harry to put up for me. The shelves are full of history books including family history, maps and a few craft and hobby books. Both Harry and I have been researching our family history for years and it's certainly a hobby that never ends.

I have several other places to show you but I'll leave that for another day as I must get on ....catch you later , Viv


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back ! Lovely to have a nosey at your home.
    Best wishes Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viv, lovely to see you blogging again. I hope you are well and enjoying your retirement. Loved looking at the pictures of your home, it looks so cosy. I love reading Lynne's blog too, what a lovely lady, you two have quite a lot in common with many of the same interests. I hope you manage to get to some music festivals again this year, we haven't any booked YET!!

    Take care
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen...thanks for your lovely comments. We have booked for several festivals this year - Ely, Shrewsbury, Moira Furnace, Wimbourne and Swanage - however Harry is working at the last two doing sound at some of the pub venues. I recognise Lynne from the morris circuit although we have never spoken. Hope you are well and hope to see you at a festival sometime...Viv xx

      Delete